Do you want to know how to set up a chessboard? Then find out some informative information here right now!
how to set up a chessboard
If you are interested in chess then the first thing that you need to do is to gather some basic info about this game very well. Here you will come to know how to set up a chessboard properly. And this is one of the most important parts if you want to play the game well. This game is loved all over the world, people gather in living rooms, clubs, and other places to play this game. And the reason behind the popularity of this game is its beneficial sides. Undoubtedly playing chess is one of the toughest games in the world and you need to use your brain properly. This game will help to keep your mental health well. Keep reading and gathering some more information about this game and many more related to chess as well.
Everything about the chessboard
Before you start playing chess, you need to know the proper way to set up a chessboard very well. So, now you need to know some basic information about the chessboard well because this information will help you to set up the chessboard properly. The first thing that you have to be clear about is the chessboard is a grid of 8 by 8 squares. All the squares on the chessboard have their identifying letter and numbers as well to mark their positions orderly. So, D4 and A1 are identifiers that are used to mention chess notations well. The color of the chessboard is a combination of black and white. Such as all the squares are alternatively dark in the first row and light in the second row. Then dark again in the third row and light in the fourth row. It will continuously go alternatively like this until you get to the eighth row. Let’s find out some more specific information about the chessboard.
Number of squares on the chessboard:
The chessboard has 64 squares that can be used to play the game between two teams. As we mentioned before, the chessboard has two different types of colors, and each color contains 32 squares. So, now, you know the basic design of the chessboard very well. But there is some more information about the design of chessboard that can also help you very well.
There are so many different kinds of chessboards are there, For the sake of simplicity, here you can be able to know about the basic characteristics and designs of the chessboard. In a chessboard, you will get 64 squares, and the eighth rows are divided into two sets, one is dark and the other one is light. Now, the eighth columns are also divided into two sets as well, light and dark. These columns are signified as letters and the rows are signified as numbers in this game. So, if you want to describe any chessboard position then you can point it as A5.
Some information about using the chessboard:
If you can be able to gather some basic and vital information about the chessboard then it can help you to find a new way or strategy to win the game very easily. As we mentioned before the chessboard is divided into two sets of color patterns. So, you have to understand how each section can be used in the game and create a strategy to move on the board. Here is some information given below that can help you a lot to learn about chessboard well.
- If you want to establish a defensive position on the board then you can use castling. Because this is very versatile and flexible.
- You also need to know how to use every piece when they are available in their positions.
- Use your strategies and brilliance to involve capturing on the board.
- You also need to know how to create a powerful opening with the help of your chess pieces and get all the advantages to win the game.
- It is also very important to know all the possible moves on the board and every single thing about the pieces well.
If you want to know and learn the game of chess then the first thing you need to know is to set up the chessboard properly. And for that, you have to gather some basic information about every single part of the chessboard very well. Chess pieces are one of the most vital parts. If you want to set your chessboard then you have to have a clear understanding of every chess piece. So, let’s find out some information about the chess pieces now.
The first thing that you need to know is what are the chess pieces! Right? So, the chess pieces are one of the most important parts of this game and are moved on the chessboard when playing a game of chess. You will get six different types of chess pieces and each side starts with 16 pieces. Let’s meet them!
- Eighth pawns
- Two Bishops
- Two knights
- Two rooks
- One queen
- One King
How to set up the chessboard with pieces?
If you want to start the game and set up the chessboard then you are in the right place because here you can be able to know how to set up the chessboard properly before starting the game. Let’s start.
- The first thing that you need to do is to set the board in the right direction. It will help you to set up the chessboard correctly. The easiest way to remember this is, white on the right.
- Now, move into the next step to set up a chessboard. You have to put all your pawns on the second rows properly. It will help you to set up other pieces more quickly and properly.
- Now, take your rooks and set them in both corners. It is just like a tower in a real castle.
- Then you need to move to the next step and here you have to take your knights and set them next to your rooks. You just need to imagine that you are placing some horses as you want another team to stay far away from the king and queen.
- Now, set your Bishops next to the knights properly on both sides.
- Now it is the time for the queen. You have to set your queen on the same color square as her army. So, if your queen is light then set it is on a light square. And if your queen is dark then set on her on the dark square.
- Finally, place your king on the last square.
- Now, the most important and very first thing that you need to keep in mind is that in chess, the player with white pieces will always take the first step in this game. So, you can decide who will take which side before starting the game through any method.
Setting up the chessboard is very easy and will take a few minutes to complete. But you have to set it up properly to play the game of chess. And for that, you can follow these points before start playing the game. After setting up the chessboard, you also need to be clear about the movement of each piece very well. This info will help you take the game forward properly.
How do the chess pieces move?
Now, this is one of the most important things that you need to know before start playing. You have six types of chess pieces and these six pieces have their value and moves on the chessboard. Keep reading to know about their moves.
- King: The king can be able to move one square in any direction on the chessboard at any time.
- Queen: A queen can move any number of squares diagonally, horizontally, or vertically as well at any time.
- Rook: the rook can be able to move any number of squares horizontally or vertically.
- Bishop: the bishop can be able to move any number of squares diagonally.
- Knights: The knight can be able to move only in an L shape on the board. So, it will take two squares in a straight direction and then one square perpendicular to that.
- Pawn: On the first move in the game, the pawn can be able to take two squares forward. But after that, it will only take one square forward.
Basic information to start playing the game of chess
Now, you know how to set up the chessboard properly. Right? It is the time to play now. For that, you need or gather some basic information about the game of chess. It is never been too late to learn about anything. When it comes to chess, you first need to learn some basic rules about this game. These rules will help you to make strategies to win any game very easily. So, do not stop yourself from just setting up the chessboard. Take the next step and start playing now. So, check out some rules before making the best decision.
- At the beginning of the game, you first need to set up the chessboard properly. And also need to decide whether you are taking white or black on the board. Then set up all the chess pieces in the same way each time. As we already mentioned before about the process of setting all the pieces on the board. So, you can check them out again.
- Then you need to be clear about all the moves of every chess piece. Because every single piece has different moves. However, all the details of every move of each piece are already given in this article. You can also check them out properly before starting the game.
- There are some more rules in this game to make the game more fun and interesting. Such as a pawn has some special ability and that is if any pawn can be able to reach the other side of the board then it will become any other chess piece and you can call it a promotion.
- As the castle moves, you can be able to save your king and also be able to activate the rook at the same time.
- As we mentioned, in this game the first move will take the lighter side always. And being able to move first, a player can take the advantage to attack tight away.
- The purpose of this game is to checkmate the opposite king on the board. It will only happen that time when the king will put into a check and can not be able to get out from there.
- Now, you can save your king by just blocking the check with another piece. Or you can capture the piece and threaten the king as well.
- If you can not be able to save your king then the game will be over.
The best game in the world
Chess is known as the most popular game in the world. Playing chess can be very helpful for you because they were so many beneficial sides to playing chess. Now, you know how to set up the board and also know all the rules and moves of the game of chess. So, start playing the game now with your friends and family members of your choice. This game will improve your memory and mental health at the same time. You will be able to think so many ways and this is one of the best things that can happen to anyone.
As per the experiment and research, chess players are more intelligent and have many positive qualities that are outstanding.
As you can see there are so many things that are there in the game of chess. And when it comes to setting up the board then also you need to know so many things as well. You may feel some difficulties at the beginning of the game but practice will surely make you perfect for the long run.